Wednesday, December 2, 2009

1/15/09: Update #10: Walking Papers

After two pretty tough days, yesterday being particularly difficult, it seems that today they figured out how to manage his pain. Now it has to still go through the night and into the morning to be a success, but we are on the right path. Barring catastrophe, he will be home tomorrow night. On our couch, watching our tv, with our kitty, that's when the real recovery can begin. and I think that will start tomorrow. With the pain mostly under control today, I got to finally take him off the fourth floor and we borrowed a wheelchair and I wheeled him around the lobby and through the cancer ward. It was a much needed vacation from the halls of 4G. Also today, he ate like a champ. Three whole meals. Given how much his insides were disrupted, the eating and digesting is going really well. He has a restricted diet from the nutritionist for the recovery period. It's the most retarted thing I've ever seen. One section completely contradicts another section and leaves me standing in the store with the list in one hand, a food product in the other, staring at the shelf saying "What the *&^&?." So anyway, I got some basic stuff to get us started (which I totally called the nutritionist about to give me Yay or Nay on the stuff I had questions about) and once he's home, we've discussed some meals that will be totally on the list that we can prepare and enjoy together and I think that will be fun.

Also today, he got the staples out (32, for those who tried to count them).
Apparently, it's going to get all crusty and scabby and heal itself into one hell of a scar.

No comments:

Post a Comment